Material Handler (Swing Shift) Fremont CA
We are looking for a Material Handler who is able to carry on everyday essential duties!
JOB DESCRIPTION –
- Use hand trucks, dollies, pallet jack,s and other motorized equipment to move material or freight in the warehouse-storage facility.
- Unload Customer products as they come inbound.
- Load product that is being processed for outbound.
- Weigh product and take measurements (DIMS).
- Receive, unpack, check and verify product to ensure accuracy.
- Take Receiving Exceptions as needed.
- Use handheld RF tools to receive, pick, stock check, and ship product into WMS.
- Conduct: stock checks, part number verification, Cycle Counts, support physical inventory.
- Pack, re-pack, and wrap products for shipping/storage.
- Consolidate partial pallets into full pallets for location/inventory consolidation.
- Label parts as needed during receipt, put away, picking, or shipping process.
- Pick parts for order fulfillment, shipments, scrap request, etc.
- Strap/unstrap or open pallets, boxes, or crates as needed.
- Stage completed orders or shipments to the staging area.
- Ensure that orders and shipping material are accompanied with proper delivery documents: Revised BOL, Packing slip, Manual tag, etc.
- Enform lead/supervisor in a timely manner about OSD (overages, shortages & damage) found while picking orders or shipments.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures, and safety guidelines.
- Complete paperwork thoroughly and promptly.
- Perform housekeeping tasks to maintain a clean & safe work environment.
- Attention to detail
- Take ownership of the assigned task and complete it in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate ability to interact well with others and follow instructions.
- Flexibility and ability to adjust to sudden changes in operational goals.
- Must be able to stand, walk, use hands to handle objects, or reach with hands and arms, climb ladders, kneel, crouch.
- Must be able to lift and move items up to 50 lbs. unassisted while using safe lifting techniques.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE IN MATERIAL HANDLER:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years Warehouse and Logistics experience.
- Prior Forklift Certification, with 2 years forklift experience.
- Customer and Quality focused.
- LEAN understanding with the ability to fully execute 5S and 7S.
- Great communication skills.
- Understanding of logistics, shipping and receiving, and standard work instruction protocols.
- Strong math and writing skills
- Able to work independently
- High sense of accuracy
- Assertive, able to meet high volume and demand
- Basic Computer skills with knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook
Please apply for this job and we will call you for an interview appointment