Purchasing/Logistics Coordinator Van Nuys CA
Salary: $60000.00 – $65000.00 per Year
Van Nuys, CA
- Establish and maintain foreign material suppliers’ or vendors’ files.
- Requesting material pricing for project bidding, stock & follow-ups, and requesting samples.
- Preparing samples for clients for approval/packing and sending samples to suppliers abroad.
- Create material folders with pricing and photos.
- Material pricing computation/costing for approval from management.
- Create and maintain files for material pricing per job/project.
- Work with vendors to place orders for the products and materials for project needs.
- Maintain and generate files for project material orders and reports for payments made to suppliers abroad.
- Monitoring materials ordered from suppliers abroad.
- Verify material order and shipping documents including invoice/packing list.
- Review and check all invoices from shipping/delivery charges about shipment containers.
- Conduct vendor research and selection to cut costs and enhance profitability.
- Instruct our bank for wire payments for all materials purchased abroad.
- Generate and Maintain files for all payments made to the supplier.
- Aid in customer contacts in regarding issues with deliveries and other service request follow-ups.
- Material samples monitoring and labeling.
- Coordinate and monitor with foreign suppliers for all material orders for shipment.
- Coordinate with shipping agents – abroad and local for all containers loaded and ensure all documentation is received and forwarded to our customs broker.
- Create and maintain a filing system for all shipments per supplier.
- Review and audit import document packages and perform corrective action, if required.
- Compliance with the appropriate regulatory and company policies.
- Communicate with the local trucking company for all deliveries to our warehouse and coordinate with warehouse staff according to the availability and schedule of delivery.
- Review all documents from foreign suppliers for payments and check all invoices and packing lists for shipment.
- Plan and track the shipment ETA and keep records of documents.
- Reviews invoices received for payment from custom brokers, the trucking company, and the shipping agent for accuracy and coordinates with accounting for payment of all shipping invoices.
- Aid in customer contacts regarding issues with deliveries and other service request follow-ups.